Weekend Freedom Machines

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Register for Account Register for Account  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View Clipart Clipart  

300 with Bercomac 2 stage snowblower

Weekend Freedom Machines » The WFM Archives » Restoration Forum - Hydrostatic Tractors Archive » 300 with Bercomac 2 stage snowblower « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roger S
Username: Bigroge75
On
Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 6:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Everyone, Newbie here there are tons of really nice tractors ideas and tips, I think its great you can all share the John Deere passion with each other. I have a 1985 John Deere 112L ( 10 yrs owned) and Just purchased a 1976 300 last weekend, however I'm having a bit of trouble I want to put on a 2 Stage Snowblower because In Ontario,Canada we get a lot of wet heavy snow and going by the results from my 112L the single stage blower isn't that ideal and a reconditioned one for the 300 series goes for $1,000 and Bercomac makes a 2 stage snowblower for $1,400 but only for an 1983 and up, so 318 would be my guess with your experience would you know what the frame difference would be or would it be possible to fit it on a 300. thanks for any help in advance

Gator
Username: Gatorh1
on
Post Number: 439
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 8:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roger JD model 49 blower will fit 120 140 300 316k 317 318 322 330 332, so I don't see why the berco would not fit your 300 if it fits a 318.
Gator

Dan Dillner
Username: Captaindan
VT
Post Number: 436
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 8:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Must be the Berco has a sub frame that connects to the open from tractor rear Axel? I am not familiar with them but that would be what is different between the 1983 and newer tractors.

Dan

BTW Roger welcome to WFM

John Underwood
Username: Junderwood
WI
Post Number: 421
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 9:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roger,

Was my response on the main forum not good enough?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL_6y7sDYw0

It will work fine. Call your local dealer and order it.

Roger S
On
Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 2:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for my delay I seem to be a bit technologically impaired on this site ( or just new)!! Thanks John for the links to Bercomac the diagrams on the front bracket of the 318 seem to be a bit different where the attachments go on but should be easily modified. Dan the Bercomac has a sub frame that mounts to your tractor then a "quick attach bracket" that attaches to that sub frame bracket so you can use any of their attachments and be quick attach. I will go ahead with the purchase and work away at it will likley post pics and progress reports after Christmas Gator thanks for that bit of info also as I said this 300 is brand new to me and I have plans to bring it back like new.thanks Everyone and Merry Christmas to you and yours

Neil Paku
Username: Neil
NY
Post Number: 478
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 5:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John,
can you tell us what speed the pto was running on that tractor (nominally 2000 but it sounds like he turned it up a bit), the ratio to the impeller, and then the diameter of the impeller. That unit blew snow!. I want to upgrade mine to do that ; )
Cheers,
Neil.

John Underwood
Username: Junderwood
WI
Post Number: 422
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 6:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Neil, The link says it was running normal speed or maybe the engine is turned up 200 rpm. Can't remember. From what I understand that is just how the Berco's run. I am hoping to get one this winter too. Just haven't been able to pull the trigger yet.

Dan Dillner
Username: Captaindan
VT
Post Number: 437
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 7:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is an impressive blower.

Roger S
On
Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 5:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From my understanding the Berco blower its self runs at a higher rpm so it must be the gear ratio

Scott MacGregor
Username: Macg
ON
Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had one, they blow snow very well, my problem was keeping the belt on in one piece. Check my gallery for a pick of it working in deep snow.

allan mullen
Username: Al_m
on
Post Number: 334
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 6:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott
I find it interesting that you had belt problems.I bought a berco that was on a Craftsman.I built a sub frame using measurements provided by a member here that should have worked with my 140 but had the same problem as you.This year I have grafted it too a model 49 mount and am driving it much as the 49 works.Hope it blows like the one in the video without the problems of that twisted belt set up

Neil Paku
Username: Neil
NY
Post Number: 480
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 9:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if I can add 10-20% on to my 47 two-stage's rotor with some sprocket swap-outs. Might have to investigate that - I reckon it could handle the "over-clocking". I'd love to double its throw - that Berco's throw is awesome. I'd almost do an exchange on the 47 for the Berco...
Cheers,
Neil.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page